San Diego's Best Tattoo Artists - 2023
San Diego Tattooing Runs Deep
San Diego is a city with a rich tattoo history. It has been a center for tattooing since the early days of American tattooing, and the scene here today is as vibrant as ever. There are dozens of talented tattoo artists in San Diego, and any list of the best would be sure to include many of them.
One of the most well-known San Diego tattoo artists is Chapter One’s very own Cash Scott. As the owner and founder of Chapter One Tattoo, Cash is a renowned tattooist whose work has been featured online and in various publications. He is best known for his photo realistic portrait tattoos as well black & gray and Japanese traditional tattoos. His work is highly sought after by collectors all over the world.
Check out the talented tattoo artists in residence, updated for 2023 at Chapter One Tattoo for examples of the many amazing tattoo artists working in San Diego today. The San Diego tattoo scene is thriving, and there are great tattoos to be found everywhere you look. If you’re looking for some new ink, be sure to check out our community of talented resident artists!
How to choose a San Diego Tattoo Shop?
When choosing a tattoo artist or tattoo shop in San Diego, it is important to do your research and look at the overall tattooing experience. Look at portfolios and read reviews to get a sense of an artist’s style. It is also important to find an artist who you feel comfortable with. Talk to the artist about your ideas and be sure that they are able to translate your vision into a your perfect tattoo. Also make sure the SD Tattoo shop is health department certified.
What types of custom tattoos are popular in San Diego right now?
Where in San Diego do tattoo artists like work?
San Diego, a diverse and picturesque city, is home to a variety of neighborhoods and an incredible tattoo scene. Some of our artists’ favorite tattoo communities include:
- Ocean Beach: Laid-back community with vintage shops and eclectic beach vibes.
- Downtown San Diego: The bustling heart of San Diego, featuring the historic Gaslamp Quarter.
- La Jolla: Upscale area with stunning ocean views and luxury boutiques.
- Mission Valley: Central location with shopping centers and proximity to natural parks.
- Mission Beach & Pacific Beach: Lively beach communities with a vibrant social scene.
- Hillcrest: LGBTQ+ friendly neighborhood with a bustling dining and nightlife scene.
- Bankers Hill: Historic area with beautiful architecture and views of San Diego Bay.
- Point Loma: Coastal community with surfing, marinas, parks, and amazing sunsets.
- Mission Hills: Charming neighborhood with tree-lined streets and historic homes.
San Diego’s talented tattoo artists can be found throughout these neighborhoods, each bringing their unique styles and expertise to the table.
At Chapter One Tattoo you’ll find some of the best artists in the city, ready to help you express your creativity and individuality through ink. No matter which neighborhood you find yourself in, you’re sure to find a skilled tattoo artist to bring your vision to life.
Ready to get a Tattoo?
Stay in touch
Sign up for our email newsletter and receive news and updates from the team here in San Diego, CA at Chapter One Tattoo!